Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Matryoshka


After sewing Miss Allsorts I decided to try make a pattern for a larger doll with different proportions. I also wanted to do a more of a traditional face with the little puckery lips.
Sewing the curved scarf piece to the base piece was a real nightmare so I will have to find a better way of doing that kind of effect. I also thing her head is too small, or I made her face too large. I wanted more scarf around her face, so a few improvements to work on next time I try to make her.
I also sewed in one of my labels - to my surprise I got in in straight, and the right way around - good seeing as i didn't think about its orientation when I pinned it in before sewing!

2 comments:

Yana said...

they both look very cute, so good job!

just wondering, did you get your labels printed?? if yes, from where?

Caroline said...

Hi Yana - thanks for your comment, I discovered your blog last night and like it very much, well, I can identify with you anyway.

I got my labels done by Fantasy Labels: http://www.fantasylabels.com.au/index.html
I thought the price was quite good and they have a nice choice. They quote delivery as about 4 weeks, and it does take that long, but worth waiting for I think.

See you round
C

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin