Sunday, August 16, 2009

Something I have finished


I started this embroidery a while ago, and I actually finished it a while ago too. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with it. I sewed it on a piece of cotton sheet offcut and stitched it with this red thread that wasn't even actually embroidery thread, but it was a good colour and thickness so I just went for it. I really like the end result. Taught me a thing or two about tracing designs on windows and using fading markers. Let's just say that the fading marker was a bit too fadey too quickly...

It was actually a fortuitous practice piece for undertaking work on the Quilt Project, hosted by Kirsty of Kootoyoo.

But more about that later...
OMG - I just noticed that there are three french knots missing off the left hand side near the swirl. Damn that fading marker!!!!

1 comment:

Yana said...

beautiful embroidery. by the way, if you didn't mention i wouldn't have picked up the missing french knots :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin