Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nook (and cranny)


Did you ever wonder about nook and cranny? What are they?

A "cranny" is a crack or small hole in something.

A "nook" is a little out-of-the-way corner of a house or any sort of secluded, sheltered spot. (via)

Put together, "nook and cranny" is thus equivalent to saying "remote corner and small crack," places that only a very thorough search would reach.

Sooo, you probably guessed, I headed off down to Nook last week. It sure was a little out-of-the-way secluded spot, filled with all sorts of lovely goodies, all very beautifully presented. I did have to search to find it though as I almost never drive around south of the river here in Brisbane, all those one way streets and no turns in Southbank and West End drive me mad. Lets just say I took the scenic route, I looked in every nook and cranny for Nook, and then I found it.

The nook and crannying was worthwhile. I purchased a fabric basket kit from Ink and Spindle. This is going to be fun, hope I don't get a fabric basket bug from this adventure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin