Saturday, February 13, 2010

Iron another day


Just allow me to indulge in a little "yay me" moment.....

I have made myself an ironing board cover. I have to say that if it weren't for this blogging thing giving me the committment and enthusiasm to finish projects that I start and learn new sewing techniques and ideas I would not have been able to do this. I have drawn on ideas and knowledge from softie making, clothes making and patchwork to be able to do this. I wouldn't have known where to start 12 months ago. Yay for lifelong learning!

I have ironed one shirt since finishing it, just to test it, you know. Its Saturday and I don't feel like being that much of a domestic godess.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Yay you indeed! I too have loved the impetus blogging has provided for trying my hand at all sorts of things, and also completing projects. And I thought blogging would make me LESS creatively productive rather than more... funny isn't it.

Kylie said...

Yah from me too! You are super speedy and it looks fabulous. K

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin