Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cozy with Robots

I am finally done with my son's new doona cover. He liked it a lot when I put it on his bed, he even called it beautiful which was super nice!


The Bots and Rockets fabric was a 2m length of quilting cotton and I recycled the pale blue fabric from an old queen sized doona cover - so I got the backing, the two side panels and bottom panel from recycled fabric. Not bad, don't you think?


These buttons form the opening of the cover about 20cm up from the bottom edge. The buttons were also recycled from the original, I didn't even remove them, just lined up the button holes to suit.


I also had a matching blue pillow case in storage too. Not sure how I managed that, it must have been fate.


And now I have lots of this fabric from the original cover. Its a bit country, any ideas?

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

I'm still loving the bots fabric. I have a few bits in the stash with no plans as yet.
Could you keep the extra doonacover to use as a quilt backing, or the back of another doona cover?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin