Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday fashion

Well here I am posing on my back porch again, which means I have been doing some more sewing for myself.


A nice simple top with elasticised neck and sleeves. Its New Look pattern 6892 and of course I couldn't resist giving it a bit of a tweak to my own liking, the sleeves are a different length and finish to the original instructions and I pulled the neck in with the elastic a bit more. I am quite in love with French seam finishing too, feels so much nicer on the inside of the garment.


I want to make a few of these for the summer months with even shorter sleeves, but I will wait until the weather warms up before jumping into summer sewing.

4 comments:

Yana said...

your top turned out great, lovely fabric. i looked up the pattern and it has some nice variations, which would work nice for summer tops. :) might need to look into making something like that for myself :)

mel @ loved handmade said...

It looks great & the elastic neck & sleeves always give a very sweet, feminine touch I think. Lovely!

CurlyPops said...

I really like that sleeve length. That'd be perfect to hide the flabby bits of my arm that I don't like!

Ruby Star said...

oh well done, it looks great on. i love the french seams too, so simple and much prettier than serging i think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin