Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Plate full

There is going to be no Alphabet Tuesday this week. I just can't spend today stitching up the letter Q in a rush. I rushed over the little pig last week and I am not 100% happy with it so to avoid a repeat performance I am going to let this week slide by.

In my head I have so much else to do: a little girls' dress, a dress-up cape and crown for my boy, a simple top for myself...so many ideas, not enough time!

Instead I am going to share with you a little bit of work from late last week. I made myself an obi wrap, I just made it up off the top of my head, its not rocket science sewing. I had a last piece of a navy blue oriental style cotton that I used for this patchwork, and this doll, and I wanted to be able to wear the last little scrap of this fabric. I had left over bias binding from my wrap skirt.



If I make another I might make it thinner width and the ties a little longer so I can double wrap them around myself. A nice result though for an experiment.


OK, back to the sewing machine to finish a doona cover. Hope you are having a productive Tuesday!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I love it so much! Just gorgeous.

Megan said...

the belt looks great- gorgeous fabric. i bought a couple of second hand Dick Bruna books today and thought of you :)

Natalie T. said...

oooo, so cute with jeans! nice job...

CurlyPops said...

It's so nice to be able to just whip something up for yourself for once! The fabric is lovely - I have some of that in the stash!

Yana said...

beautiful fabric and the wrap looks great! looking forward to letter Q when its ready :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin