Sunday, February 27, 2011

All pretty...unsure of it


I am sailing off into unchartered waters with this little skirt.  On the outside it looks great, I am super happy with that gorgeous purple fabric...but I am giving this skirt as a gift and I am really, really uncertain about its fit and ease of wearability.  I have a deep down gut feeling that its all wrong.

I made it following an internet tutorial and downsized it to smaller dimensions.  I was happy with my downsizing calculations but when I actually made it I realised that it was probably going to be too minimal around the waist and subsequently be restrictive around the wearer's legs as its essentially a straight up and down tubular construction through the skirt with the ruffles sewn into it.  If you check out the tutorial and you will see what I mean. 

I have sat and stared at this itty-bitty skirt and considered picking it apart and re-modelling it, but I'm not sure I can made any really serious improvements for the time and effort it would take.

I am going to pop it in a gift bag on a wing and a prayer, and with my fingers crossed.  Maybe two year olds are smaller than what I can remember...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks really lovely Caroline, i'm sure the birthday girl is going to love it!

x

CurlyPops said...

It's supercute! I always have that fitment paranoia when I make kids clothes too. Not having any kids around to check sizing with makes it difficult.
I'm sure it will be perfect.

Julie said...

I've used that tutorial too, its really cute on. I hope the sizing is right for you. Its tricky re-sizing things.

Jackie said...

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
The birthday girl loves her new skirt especially the orange roosters!
A perfect fit too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin