Monday, May 9, 2011

Kids Clothes Week Challenge



This week I am participating in the Elsie Marlie Kids Clothes Week Challenge. Its pretty self explanatory - the challenge is to spend at least one hour a day sewing clothing for kids for a whole week. This is perfect timing for me as I was just doing a heap of kids sewing and this challenge will help to keep me focused until all my jobs are done.


Today I made a couple more appliqued long sleeved t-shirts. I just used some pretty simple designs, a white lightening bolt on blue, and a red star on black. Took up a good hour of my time from start to finish though. Instead of hand stitching like I did with the dinosaur tee, I machine stitched using a straight stitch on a short stitch length, used a walking foot and a ball point needle and got the stitching as close to the edge of the applique as I possibly could. I was very pleased with the outcome, and so was my boy.


It was supposed to be a more serious sewing day today but bad weather and a list of necessary erands kept me from the sewing room. Tomorrow is the very serious business of finishing some pants, and starting some new ones. Not all in one hour though.

1 comment:

Kat said...

That is so cute! I have never tried applique. I am not very good at stitching straight so my edges would probably look all mangled.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin