Thursday, June 9, 2011

My creative space: hoot


A departure from the usual here today - going for construction of a rather challenging softie.  I'm finishing the easy part (the front face, wings etc.) and then its onto the edging strip that's got kind of mitred corners around the ears...oh its too complicated to even talk about.  I might be needing a little bit of luck on this one that it turns out OK for a party on Saturday.

If you want to see what I'm on about you can see the tutorial  for the Snuggly Owl over at Sewing Republic.

If you want a real hoot then head over to Our Creative Spaces!

8 comments:

midge said...

he is a hoot. love the colour selection

Maxabella said...

She's going to be so sweet! I love little owls. Enjoy! x

Jill said...

Gorgeous little owl! She'll make a wonderful softie!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jacqui said...

Oh Wow Caz! that is going to be amazing when you are finished. Can't wait to see the finished result!

Sam Findlay said...

I love owls and this one is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

gorgeous!just love the pink and yellow.
hugs
xo

pennywynne said...

turned out beautifully, she will make a gorgeous addition to our home! Thank you xox

Seaweed and Raine said...

I think she looks very spunky! Hope it all turned out ok and that you got it finished in time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin