Thursday, June 2, 2011

My creative space...brooch progress


I tipped my scrap bag upside down and sent the contents spewing onto the craft room floor on Tuesday afternoon.  I sorted the scraps into piles according to colour and in there I also came across a few pieces of doily.  It struck me immediately to do something with them for the brooch swap.

I have cut off a little piece of edging and machine stitched it down to navy blue cotton with a bit of trim along the cut edge.  I'm really like it so far, but I do have to sort out how this is going to become a structural brooch, and what shape!  I think a full circle is going to be too big, so maybe a half circle?  Must find that thinking cap and put it on for a while this afternoon.

You can find more creative spaces over here.

4 comments:

Angela Osborn said...

I really like the contrast of pale doily against the dark navy - looking forward to seeing it when it's finished!

tea with lucy said...

this one caught me eye out of all the little linky pictures. love it!

Bron said...

Nice start look forward to seeing what you do with it next.

Gina said...

It'll be fun to see where this one goes!

Btw you mentioned maternity clothing a few posts back, and I forgot to comment - yay yay yay! Hope all is going well Caroline.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin