Monday, July 11, 2011

Swapping pins for paintbrushes

Hello there!  I've been busy getting a bit nesty over here at Maika.  So busy I kind of dropped the ball on blogging for over a week while my headspace was crammed full of other thoughts and ideas.  I've been spending too much time on Etsy and Ebay, handstitching binding on baby blankets, thinking about sprucing up five year old baby equipment by sewing pram liners and change mat covers, getting increasingly pre-occupied by my own aches and pains and the increasing effort to get through the day to day, what's to come in about eight weeks as this pregnancy draws to an end....as I said, too many thoughts.


My project of the moment is a spot of furniture rejuvenation.  I've been washing down, taping edges, undercoating with primer...


...and I am super excited to start using this cherry red paint tomorrow.  The colour spot on the tin doesn't do it justice, cherry red is not the right description, its a fabulous bright red.  No pinks or blues around here at the moment.  At the moment, anyway.

2 comments:

yardage girl said...

Oooh I love Cherry Red - I painted a door that exact colour - it's so cheerful! Happy nesting!

bron @ baby space said...

Yay for fun nesting! Have so many ideas I don't even know where to start. Love your colour picks :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin