Sunday, August 7, 2011

Scraps: all things to all people


I'm softie making this weekend - one made to order for a friend, and one for my little mister because he's been begging me to make him an owl "just like I made for Scarlett".

Mostly I make these kind of things out my stash and scrap bag.  Finding little bits of suitably co-ordinating fabrics and of just the right sizes is part of the fun of making softies this way.  I like the way I have to look at colours and really notice their hues, and decide things like "this blue matches nicely, but this one is the wrong shade altogether."  You stop and realise that sometimes blue is not just blue, and yellow is not just yellow, and so forth.

But the mister saw something entirely different when I brought the scrap bag up onto the back deck for sorting through.  He stopped his scootering to make a closer inspection of play possibilities.


At first he fiddled with winding bits around his feet...


...then he discovered that superhero like wrist ties were really the way to go. 


So far these bits of fabric have also been police handcuffs, a collar for a toy dog, flames of a fire and probably another dozen things I haven't been privy to over the weekend.


Lucky I have a big bag of scraps to suit everybodies purposes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like finding fun in the simple things...my children are always rummaging through my craft stash :)

Bungalowgirl said...

Love your son's take on the scrap babg- you just need to get him sewing now. melx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin