Monday, July 9, 2012

For one week only


For just a week and only a week I had to move my sewing machine upstairs to the comfort of the dining room table.  Larger work space, better light, direct access to cups of coffee and biscuits as I work.  Bummer, hey?


It was too cold downstairs and there was too much sewing to do to spend time away from the living room during the day when there were also children to be looked after!  The crawling one had a fascination for the foot pedal and I had to turn the machine off for a while so he could make its acquaintance and get it out of his system.  It's not easy trying to sew when both you and your little one are pushing down on the foot pedal - its a bit of a run away stitching situation let me tell you!

Why all the sewing?  My friend Elizabeth from Nest Nappies requested that I make some baby pants for her cloth nappy shop and I agreed.

Three pairs for boys.


And three pairs for girls.


I even made my own swing tags from recycled materials!


Attached with kitchen twine along with a business card I think these turned out very presentable indeed.


The little bit of holiday pocket money I earned didn't go astray either.  I'm excited to see how there are received in the Nest Nappies store.

1 comment:

bec said...

I too love moving the machine into the 'big tv room' haha. Dont have stairs to negotiate though! I've made a few of these pants, they are so cute! And great way to use up scraps and prints. Love all your choices!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin